Compounding, injection moulding, material testing
For conventional processing and testing of thermoplastic compounds, a number of processes are available at the Kaufbeuren site.
In detail, these are:
- Theysohn twin-screw extruder, 20 mm, L/D 40
- Engel “e-motion 200H200W/100Combi”, fully electric injection moulding machine, 1000 kN clamping force
- Zwick automated tensile testing
- Zwick, impact/notch impact test with notch milling machine
- Zwick, HDT/Vicat measuring device
- MFI Melt Flow Index Meter
- Polymer analysis with GPC (gel permeation chromatography), DSC (differential scanning calorimetry), FT-IR (Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy)
- Polymaterials “X-Plorator®” – High Throughput Screening System (HTS)
Dr. Katrin Bolz
Telefon: +49 8341 9167-12
Dr. Christoph Jung
Telefon: +49 8341 9167-07
With the typical processes of processing thermoplastics, Polymaterials has modern methods for compound development and testing at its disposal. The company’s own patented “X-Plorator®” technology, based on modified commercially available injection moulding machines, should be emphasized, with which a new standard in the field of compound screening has been introduced to the market.
A variety of internal test methods and analytical procedures can be used to investigate compound properties. Further tests, such as B. Flame protection tests, weathering, measurements of electrical or thermal conductivities, are carried out externally on a case-by-case basis.